Wednesday, November 4, 2009

10 Thoughts of Thanks

Since Thanksgiving is coming soon, I have been thinking about what I am thankful for.  I am, of course, thankful for much more than what is on this list, but this is a start!
[a slight edit: I'm not sure if this was originally posted on a Thursday, but I decided it fit into the "Thankful Thursday" section...so that's where it is!]
1.  I'm thankful for my husband, who is a really good person, smart, and a very hard worker.  He doesn't always like his job, but he goes and does what he has to do, and thus far we've been able to manage without me working consistently.  (I'm thankful for that too!)

2. I'm thankful for my two beautiful, smart, funny daughters.

3. I'm thankful that, thus far, the presence of Prader-Willi Syndrome in S's life and our lives has not been too difficult to deal with.

4. I am extremely thankful that we can still afford our house payment, which leads to the next item...

5. I'm thankful that we have really great neighbors, who have become friends.

6. I'm extremely thankful that my mom's car accident a few weeks ago did not give her more serious injuries.

7. I'm thankful that the ice-cream I'm eating right now is helping my ear not hurt as much. (I would not normally be eating ice cream at 11:30 at night, but wow, am I tired of this ear-ache.  I'm ready to do whatever for some relief!)

8. I'm thankful for my in-laws...they are awesome people.

9.  I'm thankful for my health.

10.  I'm thankful that, long ago, I learned how to read.

JB

No comments: