Friday, January 28, 2011

5-Question Friday!





1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?
Without a moment's hesitation I would split the donation between the Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (USA), and the state chapter for that organization here in my state.  Both organizations have done, and continue doing, so much to improve the lives of individuals with Prader-Willi Syndrome (my younger daughter has this.).

2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?
Ugh, I really do not enjoy snow days!  I am totally NOT a play-in-the-snow person anymore - I don't have the right clothes for it!  Which would all be fine except I have two kids who are still young enough to want to play in the snow.  So I sort of dread snow days because going outside with the kids is such a production, and we can't really go anywhere because obviously the roads are a mess, so I get anxious wondering how to keep them amused all day.

3. What talent did you wish you had and why?
I would love to be able to play the guitar!  I also wish I could draw...I have a handful of true artists in my family, but I could not reliably draw a face/horse/cat/dog/you-name-it to save my life.

4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?
Hmmmm.  I'm definitely not a politics junkie, although I do wish I knew more about politics.  I'm not a news "junkie" but I do find it interesting to know what's happening in other countries (like the turmoil in Egypt, what's that about?).  Celebrity gossip, probably the least "into" that of the three choices.  Now, book reviews or blogs/sites about books? I could read that all day!

5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps you are more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't hafta be alcoholic!)
 If I could have some kind of drink every evening, it would probably be a Bailey's on ice...yummmm.

:-), Jen


1 comment:

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Hi Jen!
Thanks so much for stopping by my book blog! I look foward to your comments!