Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I wish I could be That Mom...

You know...THIS mom:  "It's a bird...it's a plane...no, it's SUPERMOM!"


The mom who cooks dinner every day, and vacuums consistently...whose kitchen floor is spotless, and who puts all the laundry away so fast it's like it never was dirty in the first place.  The mom who is on top of her family's diet, budget, and everything else AND is in perfect shape/health herself.  Now, when I take a deep breath and stop being hard on myself, I am able to remind myself that "SuperMom" doesn't really exist (which is probably why all the Google images of "SuperMom" are either cartoon images like the one above, or staged photographs).  But still...

I should be going to the grocery store today.  I'm not sure that's going to happen. 

There is a guy coming here tomorrow afternoon, to somehow make the Wi-Fi thing-a-ma-jig work in the house (which will hopefully lead to the Nook working, in the house...which would then lead to decreasing Brad's frustration with technology.)  The thing-a-ma-jig is upstairs, by the computer.  Thus, I feel like I should clean the upstairs - clothes put away, carpet vacuumed, office cleaned up....I kind of doubt that's going to happen.

The house is just full of...clutter, and/or "things that need doing".  Old toys that need sorting.  Old clothes that need sorting.  A pile, which can only be gone through when S is not home, of school papers about to topple over on the buffet.  A collection of "Lustreware" that needs selling.  Books that need donating.  Paperwork to file, an office to clean.  Volunteer work that needs doing, which so often anymore seems to trump almost everything else in terms of claiming my time. 

So, I don't know how productive today is going to be.  Sigh.  Some days are just like that, I guess.

Later,
Jen

No comments: