Sunday, April 3, 2011

Songs on Sunday

The Script - "For The First Time" (HD Version)

I love this song. I think the lyrics reflect very clearly, what happens in a lot of marriages over time - things get hard, and husband and wife kind of "lose" each other...and sometimes, all along one of them is saying "don't give up on me baby". I think this song also reflects some of the challenges relationships are going through especially these days, with the troubled economy and people out of work etc.  The song does have hopeful side to it though!




"She's all laid up in bed with a broken heart
While I'm drinkin' jack all alone in my local bar
And we don't know how, how we got into this mad situation,
only doing things out of frustration,
Trying to make it work, but man, these times are hard

She needs me now, but I can't seem to find the time
I've got a new job now in the umemployment line
And we don't know how, how we got into this mess
Is it God's test, someone help us 'cause we're doin our best
Tryin' to make it work, but man, these times are hard

(Refrain)
But we're gonna start by, drinkin' old cheap bottles of wine,
Sit talkin' up all night, sayin' things we haven't for a while,
A while, yeah,
Smilin' but we're close to tears, even after all these years,
we just now got the feeling, that we're meeting,
for the first time

She's in line at the door with her head held high,
While I just lost my job, but haven't lost my pride,
But we both know how, how we're gonna make it work
when it hurts, when you pick yourself up you get kicked to the dirt,
Trying to make it work, but man these times are hard

But we're gonna start by
Drinkin' old cheap bottles of wine,
sit talking, up all night,
doing things we haven't for a while, a while yeah
We're smiling but we're close to tears,
Even after all these years, we just now
got the feeling, that we're meeting
for the first time

(Refrain)

Oh, these times are hard,
yeah they're making us crazy, don't give up on me baby,
Oh, these times are hard,
yeah they're making us crazy, don't give up on me baby..."

Thanks for stopping by!
Later,
Jen

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love this song! Going onto my ipod immediately! Thanks for the reminder.